Network delay kills zone transfers?

Christopher Earley cearley at peri.com
Thu Jun 24 21:48:46 UTC 1999

Folks,

	Just wondering if anyone answered Matt Larson's question
from May 28th (and my news server failed to suck it in)?

	I've got the same exact problem with a secondary server
in Singapore (xfer from a primary in New York).  Truss of relevant
procs shows numerous EAGAIN errors.  At first I suspected memory &
swap problems, but a memory and swap boost hasn't helped, and the
Stevens books mention that EAGAIN is sometimes synonomous with the
EWOULDBLOCK error for network reads, so lost/slow packets might be
the issue.

	I've got named 4.9.3-P1 on Solaris 2.5.1 for the failing
secondary.  An answer to Matt's question would be a great help.

Thanks,

Christopher Earley
Periphonics Corporation
cearley at peri.com