duplicate domain in postmaster's email address

Chris Pressley chrisp at sitescape.com
Wed Jun 30 20:13:39 UTC 1999

Here is the first line from my zone file on my primary server, running Red
Hat Linux 5.1 and named 4.9.7-REL :

@               IN      SOA     ns.domain.com. postmaster.domain.com (

Here are the first two lines from my zone file on my secondary server,
running Digital UNIX V4.0D and named 4.9.3-P1:

$ORIGIN com.
domain       IN      SOA     ns.domain.com. postmaster.domain.com.domain.com. (

Why is the domain getting duplicated in the postmaster's email address?
I've tried appending a trailing dot after the com in the primary, but with
no luck.

Thanks,
Chris