forwarders directive on internal root-server?

Volker Dormeyer V.Dormeyer at t-online.de
Sun Jun 27 16:47:55 UTC 1999

Hi,

I have a question to the forwarding issue again (bind 8.2.1).

For now we have some internal ROOT-nameservers to help the
other normal nameservers resolve their data in some subdomains
on different locations.

Now, additionally a firewall comes in to the game. Some
of the clients from the internal network must see the
internet address space. So, we would like to provide these
clients a solution to resolve official internet names and
addresses.

Is it possible to let the internal ROOTS point to the
firewall via a forwarders directive?

hope anyone can help me with this.

Thanks
-Volker-