Ooops.... made a boo boo

Zaal spam at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 04:38:01 UTC 1999

This isn't specifically a BIND question but after browsing this group for the
past little while,  I thought if you guys can't help me, there is a chance that
no one can. Through a series of errors I think I have screwed myself up quite a
bit.

I am running a web, mail, and dns server off of one machine on an ADSL line,
static ip.

However, I just moved and the line moved with me. With the move the ISP had to
re-assign me a new ip number. This is where the fun begins.

My main domain was "the-zaal.com" and my host machine was zaal. Hence, all the
records pointed to zaal.the-zaal.com at xxx.xxx.108.70. Including the mail
server records. I forgot to ensure that I would be able to change the info at
internic.

Now, the contact info that I gave network solutions has zaal at the-zaal.com as the
contact email. If I want to change the info I won't get the mail since the mail
server isn't being pointed to correctly.

My secondary record is being hosted by a friend of mine. My question is this:
how do go about making sure that I can change the info? If I send a mail to my
friend and he alters the ip addys that are pointed to by zaal.the-zaal.com to
the correct ip, will I be able to set up my mail server and expect it to receive
mail for the-zaal.com domain correctly?

If this won't work, would someone please suggest a course of action? This is
such a newbie mistake, I know, but am in a bit of a jam and would appreciate any
input. You can reply in the group or mail to zall at hotmail.com if you think I
have wasted enough of this groups time.

Thanks very much.
My other sig file is cooler.