DNS not finding my HOSTS!!!

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Fri Jul 2 19:40:48 UTC 1999

In article <377CE79E.217880A1 at onshore.com>, tmills  <tmills at onshore.com> wrote:
>The WWW can resolve
>
>amazonia.myamazon.net (my primary DNS and named server etc)
>
>but any hosts I add, the WWW does not find them.
>It says no DNS entry found for XYZ.myamazon.net

Your servers aren't responding to DNS queries.  They also aren't responding
to pings, but it's responding to traceroute.  Maybe there's a packet filter
that isn't allowing port 53 to these machines?

You can look up amazonia and typhoon because they're glue records on the
root servers.  But everything else requires that we be able to query your
servers.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com