Missing domain mystery...

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Thu Jul 1 23:00:58 UTC 1999

In article <377BE91E.A7F8D9E8 at inxpress.net>,
David M. Lloyd <david at inxpress.net> wrote:
>This one has me totally stumped... we have a customer who has a domain
>registered with us.  It was working great 2 days ago; then it suddeny
>ceased.  If you do an nslookup for the domain on any nameserver
>anywhere,
>it is not found.  However, it shows up under our server, and it also
>shows up under whois; it appears to still be registered.
>
>My slaves pick it up okay, but I am starting the serial numbers over
>just in case...

It's probably on hold due to non-payment of the NSI bill.  Check
<https://payments.networksolutions.com>.

A number of our customers have had their domains go on hold this week.  I
think NSI just did a pass through all their overdue accounts and put them
on hold.  Either that, or they had a database SNAFU and marked lots of
domains as being overdue when they weren't.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com