Upgrading Version of BIND

Charles csschwe at ilstu.edu
Mon Jul 19 23:33:18 UTC 1999

I could use any information on this subject also...  I am upgrading to RH
6.0 with bind 8.2 and everything seems to work fine..  I made a named.conf
using the correct format...  But when I telnet to the DNS server "ns1" from
an outside box "mail" the connection either times out or takes a few minutes
to give me a logon prompt.  If I put "mail" in the "/etc/hosts" on my RH 6.0
box "ns1" I can then telnet in with no problems.  The rest of my DNS file
except the named.conf are from an older version of bind running on a linux
box which I copied over..  They work fine on the other box...  Was there
something I needed to change besides the named.boot file over to named.conf
(yes I did update the format of the file correctly) I can type "ping mail"
and get the correct IP address and this works on both machines....

Charles

news:7mofs0$3fj$1 at goo.nwd.usace.army.mil...