What are these messages

Reuben Farrelly reuben at mira.AA.net
Fri Jul 2 15:13:58 UTC 1999

John Tan <d_name at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:19990701034621.47617.qmail at hotmail.com...
> Hi,
>
> Well to quote from DNS and BIND 2nd edition page 140 a lame server is when
:

> "A parent name server is delegating a subdomain to a child name server,and
> the child name server is not authoritative for the subdomain."

I'm getting a lot more lame server entries in my messages log since
upgrading to BIND 8.21.  Most but not all appear to be legitimate.

Surprisingly, one of many lame servers is this one:

Jul  3 01:10:48 tornado named[340]: Lame server on 'isc.org' (in 'org'?):
[139.130.4.5].53

I doubt that there is a problem with ISC's name servers (surely _they_ must
get it right), so is this log entry correct?

Reuben