Bind always stopping and won't start

Jason Richards - Internet Alaska Sysadmin jasonr at alaska.net
Mon Jul 19 15:20:45 UTC 1999

In running bind-8.2, we have quite a lot of problems when reloading dns
and bind will quit running, without saying a word. Next time time you go
to reload, it gives an error message about connection refused, and then
you have to try and start it again.  Sometimes it'll start, other times it
won't.  It'll say invalid pid or name server not running.  The only way to
start it is to comment some things out of named.conf. I've had to comment
out the entry for 127.0.0.0.

Any clue to help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Jason A. Richards		  		  System Administration
jasonr at alaska.net                  		   Internet Alaska, Inc
Phone: 907.562.4638		      		      Fax: 907.276.4807
          "Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I."