Delegating in-addr.arpa zones

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Mon Jul 19 12:33:46 UTC 1999

> I am in the process of setting up delegation for a large (40+ networks
> some with subnets) number of delegated
> in-addr.arpa zones. I am using BIND 8.2.1 on Solaris 2.6.
>
> What is the 'best' way to go about this? I have looked at the BIND v3
> book and have considerd Solution 3 for delegated
> zones, but view this as overkill for many of the un-subnetted networks.
> What other choices do I have?

This has been discussed before.  I only mention this because your mail
contained the "Deja.com" advert.  As one correspondent here is wont to
say, if you know how to post from Deja, you should know how to search
on Deja.  ;-}

Just as domain foo.com must delegate to fee.foo.com via an NS record,
whoever owns 2.1.in-addr.arpa must delegate to 3.2.1.in-addr.arpa via
an NS record (for, e.g., 1.2.3.0/24).

For subnets, I don't have A&L with me, so I trust you are pointing to
the correct reference.  ;-)

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B