How do I send mail to primary MX?

Mark Hodge mark at byford.com
Fri Jul 16 21:51:40 UTC 1999

Barry Margolin wrote:

> If mx2 is running sendmail, it will only perform local delivery if the
> domain is in its Cw line or sendmail.cw file.  If you don't want it to do
> local delivery, make sure you don't have the domain in either of those
> places.  It will then queue the mail to forward it to the more preferred MX
> host.

I have removed all entries from the Cw line and restarted sendmail on mx2.
Mail
sent to somewhere on the Internet is sent out, however when I try and send
mail to
a domain with mx2 as one of the mail servers in the DNS, sendmail responds
with:

stat=Local configuration error
NAA22594: NAA22596: DSN: Local configuration error
NOQUEUE: Null connection from root at mx2.byford.com

and then proceeds to deliver the mail locally. It seems as if it isn't using
mx1 as
the relay but itself instead?

Mark.