forcing other name server to refresh my domain

Mark Miller mmiller at unix.sprint.net
Fri Jul 16 16:55:15 UTC 1999

In article <Pine.GSO.3.95L.990716182243.25269A-100000 at uststu1>,
Patrick Chan  <cs_ccyab at stu.ust.hk> wrote:
>After I update a record,
>how can i force other name servers to update their cache immediately?

We are running Solaris 7 and we use dnssig.  It basically does a kill -HUP
on all the nameservers.

read the man pages on dnssig and dnsload

you will need /etc/dnsservers file this contains the IPs of the dnsservers
you want to reload the zone files on.

192.168.1.1
192.168.1.2

also add the following entry to /etc/services

dnsload	987/tcp	# DNS Reload Signaller

also add the following entry to /etc/inetd.conf

dnsload	stream	tcp 	nowait	root	/usr/bin/dnsload	/usr/bin/dnsload

-Mark