How do I send mail to primary MX?

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Thu Jul 15 18:47:45 UTC 1999

This isn't a DNS issue.

Why is the mail going to mx2 in the first place?? Was the mail sent from
mx2 to the mail alias in question (I'd give an example, but you didn't
give us the name). If so, then why would not accept it, since I assume
you want it to be able to receive mail in case mx1 is unreachable.

If it is directed to mx2 and mx2 is configured to handle the mail, why
wouldn't it??  So, the only remaining question is why did the mail go to
mx2 in the first place. Do you have any clues? With the preference
values as given, it should of gone to mx2, if mx1 is down, unless the
request was originally sent to mx2 directly.

Michael Voight