multiple domains on one ip?

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Thu Jul 15 13:45:06 UTC 1999

Nate,

It would be a lot easier for us to help if you could specify the domain
names you are trying to get to work, so we can look up the records.
Telling us it is domain1.com doesn't help. You should also let us know
what version of BIND you are using. Give us an example of a domain
people can't look up.

If some people can look at some names and others can't, then it might be
a issue with certain nameservers not getting updates. You should use dig
or nslookup to see what information they can get on the zone. When this
fails,  is it due to "server failed" or "no such domain (nxdomain)"

Michael Voight