ns_resp

Bill Myers wmyers at tns-inc.com
Tue Jul 13 20:57:04 UTC 1999

Using an A record for the other names would cause a mismatch with
the PTR record.

Question:
Would browsers not recognize SSL certificates registered
to the domain names not matching the PTR record?

If so, how could SSL ever work properly with virtual web server names?
The only scenario that seems like it would work is if the SSL
certificate is registered to "domainA.com" and all virtual hosts
would be of the form "host1.domainA.com", "host2.domainA.com", etc.
But, wouldn't SSL break if the names were "www.domainA.com" and
"www.domainB.com"?

Bill Myers
Total Network Solutions