Question on DNS Protocols

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Fri Jul 9 22:54:44 UTC 1999

	John,
	     He was talking about having one set of names registed
	and a *completly* differrent set in the zone.  This is never
	good practice as it leads to confusion and makes debugging
	harder.  It also has increased management as you the have
	to track the IP addresses of the real servers and update
	the A records (you can't use CNAMEs) when they change.

	Not putting the actual master as the primary, is reasonable.
	It is about time the Internic stoped asking which machine is
	the primary as it is irrelevent to the delegation process.

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org