Forward Lookup Fails/4.9.2

John N Dvorak dvorak at capu.net
Tue Jul 6 15:25:47 UTC 1999

If it is what I think it is, this is a FAQ in recent weeks.

WHOIS no longer shows "on hold" status due to excessive abuse.  You need
to check the Network Solutions Web site.  Have a look at the list archive
for more information.  Barry M. recently responded to this same question.

I'm sure you already know this, but it is *highly* recommended that you
upgrade to at least 4.9.7 (if not 8.x).  4.9.2 has several severe issues
that could compromise your network security.

John N Dvorak | dvorak at capu.net
Director of Technology
CapuNet, LLC - Corporate Internet Solutions
(301) 881-4900 x8018