BIND for WIN95/98: WHERE ARE YOU??

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Mon Jul 5 07:14:18 UTC 1999

He wasn't being a smartass, he was trying to assist you.
If having a DNS server is that important to you, it is important enough
not to fail. I have never seen a WIN95/98 BIND server. WIN95/98 is meant
to be a client system, not a server.  That's all he said. While it is
nice to always get positive feedback to a question, it is not a bad
thing to be told the truth. I have seen enough problems with NT as a
BIND server to realize that an attempt to put one on WIN95/98 would not
be recommended.

People in this group are more than happy to assist with BIND/DNS
questions, however, sometimes the correct answer to the question is
"no".

Michael Voight