BIND for WIN95/98: WHERE ARE YOU??

Brian Sullivan brians at meetingbywire.com
Sun Jul 4 23:30:09 UTC 1999

Ralf Hildebrandt <hildeb at stahlw06.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de> wrote in message
news:slrn7nuo9n.4vj.hildeb at stahlw06.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de...
> On 3 Jul 1999 23:16:46 -0700, Richy Kim <rmkim at uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
>
> >i've looked EVERYWHERE!!
> Fine
>
> >where can i find a win95/98 port of BIND....
> Dunno -- I think there only is an NT port.
> But I don't think 95/98 is supposed to be a server system anyway, it
> makes barely a bad client.

This from the trailer of the BIND NT/95/98 mailing list:

"This is the bindnt list (bindnt at lgk.com), for peer support
of the freeware version of BIND for windows NT and WIN95, WIN98.
Make sure you are running the latest version of freeware
Bind. It currently is

        "named 4.9.7-Rel-Monday-18-January-99
        GregSchueman-LarryKahn-VirajBais-LeonMcCalla"

If you are not running this version email access at lgk.com for
ftp info immediately."