how to setup class b ?

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Sun Jul 4 07:35:16 UTC 1999

Do you want a different name for each address?
Then you need:

1.o in ptr host1.my.com
2.0 in ptr host2.my.com
3.0 in ptr host3.my.com
4.0 in ptr host4.my.com

etc for the 0 subnet

then

1.1
2.1
3.1
etc

for the 1 subnet

If you are converting from a hosts file, h2n utility will create both
the forward and reverse zones.
There is no difference between an B or C zone file except when not
typing the full ptr name and allowing it to append the reverse zone name
to the entry. Since a ptr record contains the address in reverse order,
then if you are entering 2 numbers in the address, they will be in
reverse order.

Michael