Domain has vanished?!

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu Jul 8 18:29:58 UTC 1999

>     I am running in.named that came with Solaris 2.5 . I must confess
> that I
> am not really an expert with this. I have a problem where one of my
> domains
> seems to have vanished. I.e. no one can resolve it, in the sense that
> when
> they look it up they find it doesn't exist. I have checked it is
> registered
> (it is, has been for a year or so), and there are no billing issues
> either.
> My DNS config re this domain hasn't changed since last year sometime.
> So
> when I try and send a test from hotmail for example to a mailbox on
> this
> domain I get an error saying that no host can be found for that
> domain.
>     This problem started over the weekend apparently.
> The domain is hba-uk.com btw.

The domain is still in 'whois', and in the servers named therein.

The domain is obviously not in the root servers.  Which means that NSI
may think you DO have billing problems.  Check with them, or with the
person or group to whom you send your money for domain registration.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B