updates (how 2 stop?)

Jim Reid jim at mpn.cp.philips.com
Thu Jul 8 09:09:29 UTC 1999

>>>>> "chris" == chris cariffe <chriss at well.com> writes:

    chris> Well we just did this test and I saw it happen.  After
    chris> about 10 or so update failures in a row it stopped
    chris> answering request and needed to be stopped and started.
    chris> this is on an Auspex 4.1.4 sunos box.  any ideas?

Strange. It doesn't happen here and some of my servers get 10s of
unapproved updates a day. [Thanks a lot, Bill.] Try turning up the
name server's debugging, especially the update category. It might also
be an idea to get the name server to dump core after the hang (use
gcore) and then poke at it with gdb.