8.2.1 - two questions

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Fri Jul 2 09:52:28 UTC 1999

> amed
> ch
> also

> directory
> >> .
> >>=20
> >> this is a possible answer as I did a simple 'ndc stop' and 'ndc start'=
>  out
> >> from /tmp. Now, I did it again out of /etc and this message wasn't log=
> ged
> >> again.
> >
> >	Which is why you should have a directory statement refering to an
> >	absolute path in the options block not 'directory ".";'.
>
> sorry to say, but directory is "/etc" and not  only "."

	Perhaps I should have just specify an absolute path.  When one
	is not specified it defaults to 'directory ".";'.  I didn't trace
	the code path back far enough.

	You didn't have 'directory "/etc";' in the options block.  There
	was either no directory statement or 'directory ".";' in the
	options block.

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org