Where to start learning about DNS?

Robert Annandale snarfle99 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 30 21:25:12 UTC 1999

I found O'Reilly's 'DNS and BIND' 3rd Edition by Albitz and Liu to be great.
The ISBN is 1-56592-512-2

For Red Hat Linux a reasonably good resource is 'Red Hat Linux 6 Server'
by Mohammed Kabrl.  ISBN is 0-7645-3337-1.  There is an entire chapter
dedicated to configuring DNS on Red Hat machines.

Man pages are always very handy.

So are the SCO documentation resources, usually available on port 457
of a configured server... The Network Documentation is pretty handy.

This newsgroup is pretty handy too.
Read all the postings everyday and understand the solutions you were baffled
by.

RBA