8.2.2P5 installation question

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Thu Dec 30 20:56:03 UTC 1999

> I have downloaded the 8.2.2p5 and installed per the INSTALL doc.  The
> /var/named directory was not created however there is a /usr/sbin/named
> executable.  Does this mean the install went fine, I should just create my
> named directory and my zone files?

The installation process doesn't create /var/named, because there's
no standard directory for zone data files.  /var/named is just a
common choice.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend the next Internet Software Consortium/Acme Byte & Wire
DNS and BIND class!  See www.acmebw.com/training.htm for
the schedule and to register for upcoming classes.