Help! 911! Server suddenly stopped resolving

Aaron Custer acuster1 at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 30 07:21:51 UTC 1999

Help please.    Neither Technet nor www.microsoft is any help

Major problem Here.  My DNS server suddenly stopped responding
(sporadically) to outside server queries.  Some of the Domain Names on my
server are resolving and some are not. Sometimes they do and sometimes they
do not resolve.  At home, thru my ISP, I attempt to connect to one of my
servers thru its DN and get nothing.  10 minutes later it works. when I run
nslookup from the box, everything resolves correctly, When I use another
computer on the lan, which uses the DNS server in question, everything
works.  Only outside servers are having problems. Checked Internic Regs and
they are fine.  the stats are showing less recursive responses than lookups.
no error messages in event viewer.
Please help me

Thank you--
Aaron Custer