reverse of /23 and re-delegation

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Tue Dec 28 18:24:56 UTC 1999

In article <4.2.2.19991228190336.02cf3310 at mail.Go2France.com>,
Len Conrad  <lconrad at Go2France.com> wrote:
>We've got a brand new /23 assignment and its reverse and would like to see
>an example of how to set this up in 8.2.2 named.conf and the in-addr-arpa
>files.

Didn't we just answer this for someone else a couple of days ago?

Don't try to combine the /23 in a single reverse domain, just deal with
them as two /24 networks.

>Also, we'd like to delegate a /25 of our /23 to a major client.  Examples
>or URL's, please.

See RFC 2317, or look up "subnetting networks, on/off octet boundaries" in
the index of the DNS&BIND book.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com