Strange DNS autoritative problem..

Air Heechul airheech at hankook.bess.net
Mon Dec 27 23:33:10 UTC 1999

Hi!
Please probe this problem..  I don't understand what went wrong.
We have virtual mail domain customer 'seattlelaw.com'.  It's been working
very well for over a year. Suddenly today, seattlelaw.com is not visible
from the Internet except for our domain...
This is whois result:
$ whois seattlelaw.com

   Domain Name: SEATTLELAW.COM
   Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
   Referral URL: www.networksolutions.com
   Name Server: MONARCH.BESS.NET
   Name Server: DUKE.BESS.NET
when I dig using our name server(monarch.bess.net), of course it finds
seattlelaw.com's IP:
$ dig seattlelaw.com
;; ANSWER SECTION:
seattlelaw.com.         1D IN A         206.129.0.164

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
seattlelaw.com.         1D IN NS        monarch.bess.net.
seattlelaw.com.         1D IN NS        empress.bess.net.
seattlelaw.com.         1D IN NS        duke.bess.net.

But if I use name servers other than ours, it doesn't resolve the
seattlelaw.com's IP.
$ dig @128.227.128.24 seattlelaw.com
;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
COM.                    2h19m51s IN SOA
A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. hostmaster.internic.NET. (
                                        1999122600      ; serial
                                        30M             ; refresh
                                        15M             ; retry
                                        1W              ; expiry
                                        1D )            ; minimum

;; Total query time: 105 msec
;; FROM: hankook to SERVER: 128.227.128.24
;; WHEN: Mon Dec 27 15:27:26 1999
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 32  rcvd: 109

I tried several other name servers, and it gives the same results...
Does networksolutions mess up this registry or what???

Thanks,

Heechul