Errors for Bind 8.2.2P5 on Solaris 2.6

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Mon Dec 27 21:01:37 UTC 1999

> Successfully complied Bind 8.2.2P5 on Solaris 2.6 and configured it
> as primary server.. Get the following errors in "/var/adm/messages"
> when I start the named.
> Can anybody tell me as to how I can get rid of those errors. Please let
> me know if more information is needed I am not providing any
> additional info as I am not sure what info to provide. Here is the error.
>
> Dec 27 09:28:10 certsun7 named[328]: check_hints: no A records for
> G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET class 1 in hints
> Dec 27 09:28:10 certsun7 named[328]: check_hints: no A records for
> F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET class 1 in hints

Did someone edit your root hints file?  It looks like someone
deleted all the address records in it.  You can get a new one
from ftp.rs.internic.net/domain/named.root.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend the next Internet Software Consortium/Acme Byte & Wire
DNS and BIND class!  See www.acmebw.com/training.htm for
the schedule and to register for upcoming classes.