bind 8.2.2pl5 wants to ping root servers...

Lev Serebryakov lev at imc.macro.ru
Mon Dec 27 16:06:45 UTC 1999

Hi, All!

  I've upgraded from BIND 8.1.2 (FreeBSD 3.3) to BIND 8.2.2pl5
  (FreeBSD 3.4) and new version sends requests to ROOT servers just
  after start. But my network have Dial-on-demand routing, and I don't
  want to have PPP connection just after server reboot or BIND
  restart. BIND 8.1.2 didn't send such requests and everything works
  perfectly. Is there way to disable these requests?

               Lev Serebryakov, 2:5030/661.0