in-addr.arpa deligation

Rainer Ginsberg Rainer.Ginsberg at de.bosch.com
Thu Dec 23 13:53:08 UTC 1999

On 22 Dez 1999, Ruslan (khafizovrr at hq.tatenergo.ru) wrote:

>I have primary zone and one deligated zone(xxx.ru and hq.xxx.ru).For
>primary db file is:
>@    IN SOA xxx.ru .... ()
             ^^^^^^
This should probably read ns.xxx.ru. At least you did it correct in
real life.
>        IN NS    ns.xxx.ru.
>hq    IN NS    ns.hq.xxx.ru.  ; deligated zone
>and how can I deligate in-addr.arpa zone in order someone outside can
>translate IP to name in 'hq' zone.

The same way that you delegated hq.xxx.ru from xxx.ru. Suppose you were
the master for 168.192.in-addr.arpa and wanted to delegate
1.168.192.in-addr.arpa. Then your zone database would look something like

@    	SOA    	ns.xxx.ru. ...
    	NS    	ns.xxx.ru.
1    	NS    	ns.yyy.ru.

What you probably want is your ISP to delegate your network to you.

Regards,
Rainer

--
Rainer Ginsberg