Reverse for a /23

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Thu Dec 23 00:33:58 UTC 1999

> >> O.K... I had heard RFC2317 was for doing reverse breaking _any_
> >> of the octets... not just the last one.
> >>
> >> Then what would be done, for say a /17 reverse?  Create 32768
> >> reverse files?
> >
> >Hypothetically, yes.
>
> Excuse me, but why is this even hypothetically yes?  It would
> still be 127 zones, wouldn't it?

Sorry, that's absolutely right.  It could be as many as 128 zones,
and as Mark points out, you'd normally only delegate those
that are populated.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend the next Internet Software Consortium/Acme Byte & Wire
DNS and BIND class!  See www.acmebw.com/training.htm for
the schedule and to register for upcoming classes.