Un-caching bad data?

DNS-DHCP Engineering dns-dhcp.engineering at intel.com
Wed Dec 22 02:17:16 UTC 1999

I understand how our lack of response has been perceived as us ignoring
these complaints.  I apologize for that.  In my relatively new role as team
lead of the Intel DNS Engineering team, I will endeavor to improve our
relations and correspondence with the DNS community.

We are very aware of our mis-delegation in DNS and have always intended to
remedy it -- the delay has been caused by the technical discussions on how
best to do it, and the resource limitations of those who can.

What we *want* to do is change the delegation at our end to match the
Internic's, but the complexity of our firewall split makes that task
nontrivial.

For the long term, we have a plan, currently in progress, that will remedy
this mis-configuration -- hopefully in the first half of 2000.  A
representative of the ISC will be intimately involved in this project,
especially as it relates to our external DNS.

For the short term, we are considering 2 stop-gap solutions.  It is still
under some discussion, but the fastest option currently appears to be to
have the Internic match the delegation advertised by our servers.
Regardless, we will initiate the correction of our mis-delegation in the
immediate future (weeks).

I hope that this explanation is to your satisfaction.

Please do not hesitate to contact me (at dns-intel at intel.com or
blk at intel.com) with additional correspondence.

Thank you!

		-blk