Problem with hint file?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Dec 22 01:57:06 UTC 1999

On Tue, Dec 21, 1999 at 02:31:27PM -0800, andlil at towerrecords.com wrote:
> Hmm.  OK, I can submit the bug report, but before I do, let me just explain
> the compile to make sure you feel that its not just something in my
> compiling:
> I used gcc 2.7.0 and gnu make 3.77 (as reccommended).  However, when I did
> "make install", named failed to be placed into /usr/sbin because the /usr
> file system had run out of space.  So, the binary I've been starting is the
> named that ended up my src path as "src/bin/named/named".  Then I cleared
> up some room on my /usr filesystem and placed the named binary there.
>
> That should be ok, correct?  (For the record: named-bootconf and named-xfer
> were installed correctly during "make install").

QUITE possible that your binary got corrupted because of the lack of
space in /usr?  Try re-compiling the whole thing [with much more free
space in all file systems].  Watch for any "out of space" console
messages.  Compare the result with the binaries that you have right now.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B