Problem: runaway named 8.2.2-P5 on Solaris 2.6

rikornelsen at email.com rikornelsen at email.com
Thu Dec 16 07:48:03 UTC 1999

We have recently installed named 8.2.2-P5 on two Solaris 2.6 machines.

Today I looked at the machines and found named running at a constant 50%
cpu on one machine and running at a constant 28% on the other machine.
Both machines are dual cpu so named was taking over one cpu.

Sending SIGUSR1 to increase the debugging level killed one of the
nameds.  Attaching a 'truss' to the other process caused it to behave
normally.

Has anyone else had this experience with named?  What was the problem
and solution?

thankyou,
Randal Kornelsen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/