stomping forwarders

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Thu Dec 16 15:07:18 UTC 1999

In article <E11yb53-0009Yb-00 at rip.psg.com>, Randy Bush  <randy at psg.com> wrote:
>i would love to give bind a list of IPs for which recursive requests
>will not be honored, but rather have nxdomain returned.  or the inverse,
>a set of ip ranges for which recursion will be honored and the rest are
>given the nasties.

Use the allow-query option.

If you're a listed server for public zones, so you have to allow queries in
those zones from anyone, you can override the global, restrictive
allow-query with 'allow-query { any; };' in the individual zone
statements.  I.e. your named.conf would look like:

acl my-users { 192.168.10.0/24; 172.18.0.0/16; };

options {
  allow-query { my-users; };
};

zone "something.com" {