NAT & DNS

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Thu Dec 16 14:59:54 UTC 1999

In article <3858775E.2C275EE9 at CreativeNetwork.net>,
Jim A  <Jim at CreativeNetwork.net> wrote:
>I've been searching for info on NAT and DNS but haven't find any real info.

This probably differs from NAT to NAT.  I think Cisco routers will
translate DNS information as it goes through, but some other NAT boxes
won't.

This seems like a pretty limited subject to have web pages devoted to it.
If you have specific questions, ask them.  However, the proper place would
probably be in comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains, not here, since it's not
specific to BIND.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com