DNS and forward - connections

Mark.Andrews at iengines.com Mark.Andrews at iengines.com
Thu Dec 16 09:23:50 UTC 1999

	Named needs to know the root servers and will ask for them when it
	starts up even in forward only mode.  BIND 8 does not support query
	restart, so without the root nameserver RRset there are times when
	it can't answer when it otherwise has the answer.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Internet Engines Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at iengines.com