BIND 9 & GSS-TSIG

Willard Dawson wdawson at sbs.siemens.com
Wed Dec 15 22:51:42 UTC 1999

On a previous occasions, "David R. Conrad" <David_Conrad at isc.org> wrote:

>However, we are still researching the issue and have offered on several
>occasions to work with Microsoft to insure BIND interoperates with their
>nameserver (although they have not actually responded to the offers).
>Obviously, if it is at all possible, we would very much like to include
>the ability to interoperate with Microsoft's nameserver securely despite
>the fact that they have chosen not to implement DNSSEC.

I take it then that the nature of the offers mentioned by David involved
MS actualy paying for the development of MS GSS-TSIG by or for BIND, and
further that since MS didn't pay for it (or until they do), it's not
going to happen?  Has anyone else expressed any interest in funding the
development?
--
Willard Francis Otto Dawson      +1 770 814 5099 / +1 770 814 5202 FAX
Siemens Business Services, ENS   mailto:willard.dawson at sbs.siemens.com
4570 River Green Pkwy, Ste 140   http://www.sbs.siemens.com/
Duluth, GA  30096-2564           Standard disclaimer applies.