Problems with 8.2.2p5 on Sol26

Dave Wreski dave at nic.com
Wed Dec 15 16:34:05 UTC 1999

Hi all.  I've been running 8.2.2p5 on Solaris 2.6 for a week or two now on
two boxes.  One of the boxes seems to be performing without any problems,
but the other box seems to be having problems with queries.

Queries seem to not resolve for certain sites at a given time, but resolve
fine for others.  For example, it may be possible to resolve sun.com, but
not my local domain.  It basically sits there until it times out.  After
restarting the server, it begins to work again.

Are there any known bugs involving this problem?  What else could be
wrong?  The box has a gig of RAM, and only serves a few domains.

Thanks,
Dave