telnet to port 53?

David T. Smith dsmith at uswebcks.com
Mon Dec 13 14:46:59 UTC 1999

Kevin Darcy wrote:

> Barry Margolin wrote:
>
> > In article <19991210131718.C920 at adams.cospo.osis.gov>,
> > Joseph S D Yao  <jsdy at cospo.osis.gov> wrote:

Actually, since DNS is a binary protocol (as opposed to SMTP, HTTP and
others), telneting (i.e., using a telnet client to connect to the tcp
port 53)  will not enable anything useful (unless one is real good with
control characters and generating arbitrary 8-bit codes).

DTS

--
D A V I D  T .   S M I T H
Principal Consultant, Network Solutions
mailto:dsmith at uswebcks.com

USWeb/CKS - A Strategic Partner for the Information Age