(no subject)

news at bt.net news at bt.net
Mon Dec 13 11:46:29 UTC 1999

From: "Daniel Crichton" <danielc at helio.co.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.protocols.dns.bind,microsoft.public.windowsnt.dns
Subject: Named-conf on NT - does it work?
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:47:44 -0000

I'm trying to upgrade BindNT 4.9.7 to 8.2.2 and I see that I have to convert
my named.boot file to named.conf. I've downloaded the tar for 8.2.2 to get
the named-bootconf.pl script, and I have ActivePerl build 509 on my server.
However, when I run the Perl script nothing appears to happen; I can get it
to accept my named.boot file, but outputs nothing for named.conf.  I'm using
named-bootconf.pl < named.boot > named.conf   - is this correct? I've tried
named-bootconf.pl < named.boot and I just get // generated by
named-bootconf.pl in the command prompt and a blank line underneath - looks
like it just skips everything.

There is nothing wrong with named.boot as it is being used now on my Bind
secondary without errors. I have only secondary domains on this server, all
primaries are running under MS DNS on another server (makes life easier with
a GUI interface from my local NT workstation).

Dan