Solaris 7 can't do make install

David Spigelman dspigelm at acp.org
Mon Dec 13 16:47:03 UTC 1999

David:

Did you try to "make all" first?

-----

David Spigelman
Network Administrator
American Center for Physics

>>> Haberman David A Contr 95 CS/SCBA <david.haberman at edwards.af.mil> 12/13
11:30 AM >>>
I have just installed Solaris 7 and the GCC compiler on a new Sun Ultra 5.
am using the defaults when I run make on the BIND 8.2.2 source to create
the
executable. I get the following error:

.
.
.
for x in "" ; do \
    if [ -n "$x" ]; then \
        /usr/ucb/install -c -m 444 $x /usr/local/bind/include/$x; \
    fi; \
done
/usr/local/bind/src/lib
/usr/local/bind/src/lib/resolv
/usr/local/bind/src/lib/irs
/usr/local/bind/src/lib/isc
/usr/local/bind/src/lib/bsd
/usr/local/bind/src/lib/inet
/usr/local/bind/src/lib/nameser
/usr/local/bind/src/lib/dst
/usr/local/bind/src/lib/cylink
/usr/local/bind/src/lib/dnssafe
make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `../lib/libbind.a'
Current working directory /usr/local/bind/src/lib
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'

I think I have plenty of disk space, there is over 500MB free on each
partition. I looked through the archives for the last 3 months and the
only
mention I found of this error was someone else asking the same question.

Thanks.

David Haberman
David.Haberman at edwards.af.mil <mailto:David.Haberman at edwards.af.mil>

Never ask what sort of computer a guy drives. If he's a Mac user,
he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?-- Tom Clancy