Problem sending news to HP-UX with INN 2.1

kpchalla at hss.hns.com kpchalla at hss.hns.com
Sat Dec 11 07:29:29 UTC 1999

Hi,

I have a Lotus Notes server 4.6.3 on solaris 2.5.1 running nntp. We also have a
news server running INN 2.1on HP-UX 10.20 which has all the newsgroups. Now we
want that all the newsgroups be available to both the Notes and Unix clients. Fo
this I have setup a Push-Pull feed connection  with the unix server. However,
the Pull feed works fine and I receive all the newsgroups from the Unix server
and I also keep receiving the latest postings which are there on the Unix
server. The problem is with the Push feed i.e., if any message is posted on to
the Notes newsgroup it is not pushed to the unix server. When I look at the log
file of the Lotus Notes server I see a error "NNTP Server: Push to server
'139.85.242.22' returned IHAVE error:  Transfer permission denied".
Please let me know where the problem could be. And what files I need to edit on
the Unix server to make this thing work.

Thanks in Advance,

Kali.