I can't install Bind 8.2.2 P5. Anyone Please help me

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Thu Dec 9 23:33:30 UTC 1999

In article <38502D20.A86C775F at sendmail.com>,
Geir A. Myrestrand <geir at sendmail.com> wrote:
>Mardiana wrote:
>>
>> I've done what the INSTALL file told.
>> Here :
>> "Installation
>> To install, type
>>   make install
>> This will copy binaries to the appropriate locations for
>> your system, and install the BIND 8 library and header
>> files under /usr/local/bind."
>>
>> But the installation didn't copy binaries to my system.
>> I've check either on /usr/bin and /usr/sbin.
>>

>The thing you're missing is that you need to build the
>binaries before you can install them. Refer back to
>my previous post on info regarding building the binaries.

Most makefiles I've seen have the executable files listed in the
dependencies for the install target.  So make should automatically
determine that the binaries have to be built in order to install them, you
don't have to do it manually.

However, it's usually a good idea to do them as separate steps.  In case
there are errors during the compilation of one component, you don't want it
to install the other components.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com