Seperating web & e-mail for the same domain name???

Mark maggelet at mminternet.com
Wed Dec 8 22:54:14 UTC 1999

no, it doesn't work that way. Virtual hosting is when one machine
server multiple domains or IPs. A request to yoururl.com, whether it
be email or http will get sent to the IP that the name resolves to in
the lookup tables. Now if you want to forward that request to another
machine that might possible, but my guess is that it would be easier
to set up the domain at the isp and have them forward mail requests to
you.

why would you want to do this, by the way?

On Wed, 08 Dec 1999 10:13:04 -0600, Andrew Ward <award at cisco.com>
scribbled: