options Statement.

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Wed Dec 8 15:19:56 UTC 1999

In article <002901bf417e$da35b1e0$0e00a8c0 at leonilda.com.br>,
Thiago (NetAmericana) <tas at na.com.br> wrote:
>I set my DNS to notify my slave this way:
>notify yes
>also-notify { ip_address_of_slave; }
>
>But after I restart my DNS the slave didn't do the transfer zone that I was
>waiting.

Did you increment the serial number of the zone?  Even with notify, the
slave still compares serial numbers to see if anything has changed.  This
is necessary because a master server will send notifies for *all* its zones
when it restarts (it doesn't have any memory about what changed, so it
assumes the worst).

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com