delegation problems

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Dec 7 23:58:06 UTC 1999

Robin Bowes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm getting an error when I try and delegate a domain using the on-line
> form
> <http://www.ina.com.au/delegation/delegationfr.html>
>
> I am using the following name server values on the form:
>
> Primary: ns0.dedicated-services.com 216.87.208.25
> Secondary: ns1.dedicated-services.com 216.151.192.60
>
> When I submit, I get the following error:
>
> ns0.dedicated-services.com is not listed as a NS by server
> ns1.dedicated-services.com - 1, 0
>
> Any idea what causes this?

I would assume the servlet is doing an NS query to your server(s) for the
domain you are trying to delegate, and either not getting back a valid
answer, or an answer which doesn't contain the nameserver(s) you specified.
Have you set up the zones on your servers yet? (I could have verified this
myself if you had mentioned what domain you're trying to delegate;
presumably it's something under com.au). The error message could probably be
made a little more user-friendly.

- Kevin