Doh

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Tue Dec 7 15:16:02 UTC 1999

In article <199912070801.BAA28956 at rlee.integratus.com>,
 <rel at gulbransen.com> wrote:
>I've made a couple changes to the named.foo file:
>miami.foo.com.       IN SOA miami. (
>                                1129199902      ; Serial
>                                10800           ; Refresh after 3 hours
>                                3600            ; Retry after 1 hour
>                                604800          ; Expire after 1 week
>                                86400           ; ???
>                                86400 )         ; Minimum TTL of 1 day
>
>Anyone have a sample config that uses all of the new config numbers?

What are you talking about?  There are no "new config numbers".  The
problem with your SOA record is that you're missing the Point-of-Contact
parameter (e.g. rel.gulbransen.com after "miami.").  The line you label
"???" simply doesn't belong.

Your SOA record is actually being interpreted as:

miami.foo.com.       IN SOA miami. 1129199902.miami.foo.com. (
                                10800           ; Serial
                                3600            ; Refresh after 3 hours
                                604800          ; Retry after 1 hour
                                86400           ; Expire after 1 week