.net vs .com?

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Thu Dec 2 19:51:13 UTC 1999

> Can I use a .net domain name for my own site or do I have to be part of a
> network? I'am asking because the name I want is already registered under
the
> .com extension, but the .net is available. So would I be an=ble to use a
,et
> domain name and run a site like any other .com site?

Sure.  Anyone with $70 can get a subdomain of net.  And
running one is no different from running a subdomain of
com.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend the next Internet Software Consortium/Acme Byte & Wire
DNS and BIND class!  See www.acmebw.com/training.htm for
the schedule and to register for upcoming classes.